Pakistan Online Dispute Resolution (PODR) is digital online platform where parties can resolve their arguments and disputes with the mediator. PODR uses live chat in a secure environment. The claimant and the defendant can submit their case to PODR and any selected mediator should be able to resolve the dispute(s) in few days. The process of resolution of dispute in Karachi, dispute in Islamabad, or dispute in Lahore, or any dispute in Pakistan can be easily resolved online.
- Any individual, claimant, can approach Pakistan Online Dispute Resolution (“PODR”).
- Claimant submits case with contact information of the defendant.
- Claimant can select the mediator or PODR will select the mediator for claimant.
- Mediator will contact the defendant and invite for the mediation.
- If the defendant to the dispute agrees for Online Dispute Resolution, then the mediator will get the mediation agreement signed between the parties online through electronic signature (i.e. through a unique code confirmation).
- Mediator will explain the process of mediation to the parties and their rights and liabilities during the process, then the Mediator will start the Mediation considering all the phases, including confidentiality of the process, by having chat, voice call, and video call with the parties including private one on one meeting between individual parties and the Mediator. During the course of the private meeting, the other party will remain outside the conversation loop to maintained confidentiality of the process.
- If the parties reach any conclusion or agreement then the parties will sign the agreement online by way of electronic signature.
- After completion of the Mediation process irrespective of its success, the recordings and other related data will be disposed off/deleted to ensure the confidentiality of the parties is maintained.
- PODR mediators are not here to judge or make judgment against any party.
- PODR is not a Rule of Law.
- PODR will only act as a mediator facilitator.
- PODR practices mediation in a private for-profit business manner.
The idea is to reduce several factors that are part of the court.
- Reduce the foot presence in courts.
- Reduce the physical time in courts.
- Reduce the costs incurred from courts, lawyers, transport, documentation, etc.
- To have WIN-WIN situation for both claimant and defendant parties to resolve an issue.
- To refrain from revenge attitude and situation.
- To come to a conclusion rather than repeat situation.
- To resolve and close issues on human grounds rather than on confrontational grounds.